DUSTFX is a script aimed at generating a specific number of particles, according to the resolution that is stipulated, and based on the volume, through the introduction of dimensions for each of the axes of a user-defined geometry. It is a structured script sequentially, that is, the user enters or manipulates the controls step by step, although the set is executed once the EXECUTE button is pressed.
Here is the 6 steps included in the script *:
* (Each of the elements has a flag "sbm: Status Bar Message" with a brief description of the functions that they carry out)
01. SET RESOLUTION: Details the resolution of the cmds.ParticleFill. More or less particles. For a cube of regular dimensions the number of particles is the cube of the resolution.
02. SET DIMENSIONS: Allows you to set the dimensions for each axis [x, y, z] of the geometry that will serve as a reference volume for cmds.ParticleFill.
03. SET PARAMETERS: Flexibility when controlling 2 important parameters of the shape of particles, such as: the collision between particles and the interaction with the gravity of the solver (Nucleus).
04. SET TURBULENCE **: Allows detailed interaction with the parameters defined by the 6 sliders * (Magnitude of the field of turbulence, Frequency, Attenuation, Phase X, Phase Y, Phase Z) * It is detailed as by means of a flag 'sbm' in the slider of each parameter.
05. SET COLLIDERS **: It allows you to intuitively add geometry that works as collider of the particle system.
06. EXECUTIVE: Executes the operations sequence whose parameters have been previously defined by the user. A progressBar is responsible for increasing as the process takes place.
** The parameters / checkers / buttons that are accompanied by a symbol such as this (○) means that they have implemented a if statement, which in the case of being disabled does not execute the parameters associated with the corresponding step. In this case: SET TURBULENCE, SET COLLIDER.
*** WISHLIST: As possible elements to incorporate in the next version besides correcting small errors, they have been halfway, due to lack of time, tools such as the implementation of a button in order to establish an initial State for the particle system and the inclusion of a button to activate / deactivate the ground plane of the Nucleus.